Call for Art
SPECIAL CALL – Coloring Book Project Call for Art
We announce a call for submissions for the creation of a 25 page coloring book for children and their parents at the Seton Williamson Hospital campus. The deadline for submission is July 31, 2015, 5 pm. Use this link to get to the page. The description is posted, but the form is not yet available. It should be included on the call for art by June 18, 2015.
2015 Calls by Exhibit Location
Click on the title in red to see the call.
- June: Insects to Elephants. Use the underlined link for instructions on picking up work when the show ends.
- July: Pop Art, Open Call Deadline June 22, 2015, 5 pm
- August: Abstracts, Open Call Deadline July 27, 2015, 5 pm
- September: Austin Pastel Society exhibit
- October: 100 Days. Deadline to submit interest in participating JUNE 18, 5 PM!!!!
- November: Dia De Los Muertos, Open Call Deadline October 26, 5 pm
- December: TBD
- 3rd Annual Model Train Show held in conjunction with the art show
TEXAS STATE UNIVERSITY, ROUND ROCK CAMPUS
- February: Imagine Judged Show, TEXAS STATE UNIVERSITY – ROUND ROCK CAMPUS.
- June-August: ‘The Big Show’ (for large works)– Use the underlined link for instructions on picking up work when the show ends.
- Fall Photography & Sculpture Show – Deadline August 17, 2015, 5pm
How to Minimize Rejection of Your Work When You Bring It In
Each call describes the framing requirements for works submitted for a show. What may not be as clear is the type of hooks, wiring, and placement of such hooks and wires required for our shows. At ArtSpace and Jester, pieces are hung by a wire, referred to in the video links below. One video addresses wrapped canvas works and the other traditional framed art. We see some horrendous wiring resulting in works falling forward from the wall, as referred to in both of the videos. The common cause is placing the wire too low in the back of the frame. As a general rule, you should never place your hooks any further down than 1/3 of the painting height.
Please review the links below. If the work you submit cannot be hung safely (e.g, strong enough wire and secure hooks) or neatly (e.g., work falls forward away from the wall) it may be denied. Also note that the cheap, wiggly metal frames from the area craft shops are not acceptable, even with glass. They come apart and the glass has broken in the past.
Questions? Contact ArtSpace at 512-218-7099.
Preferred hanging method for pictures in a wood or traditional frame
Preferred hanging method for wrapped canvas work