Call for Art
Round Rock Arts hosts monthly exhibits at ArtSpace, located at 231 East Main Street. An opening reception is held the first Thursday of each month and is open to the public.
Other calls for art are also posted here. This may include the Imagine show held the last Friday in February, the photography show held in the fall, and other events sponsored by the RRA which may or may not be located at the ArtSpace.
Information about previous calls will remain posted. Click on the month and the document should open. This provides the artists with instructions related to picking up their material at the end of the show and any other parameters important to the artists.
The following shows will be held at Round Rock Arts or Texas State University. Shows at the Texas State University are specifically noted. These tend to be shows that are judged, with cash awards. Once a call is open, the title of the call will become a hot link. “Closed show” means that a group or a selection of individuals will be featured in the show.
- July-August 2014: Big Show, open call (CALL CLOSED)
- August: Water themes, all media, open call (CALL CLOSED)
- September: Photography Judged Show, Texas State University, (CALL CLOSED)
- September: Volunteers & Austin Pastel Society Joint Exhibit - (CALL CLOSED)
- October: Dia De Los Muertos and other expressions honoring those who have passed, (CALL CLOSED)
- November: Weavers and Spinners- Closed Show
- There will also be one market day before Thanksgiving. When entry forms are available the link will be placed here.
- December: Frozen: A Wintry Mix, open call
- Tinplate Trackers- Model Railroad Exhibit will also be in ArtSpace (Same group presented in 2013).
- January 2015: Art featuring works by Austin Art Institute students (Round Rock campus)
- February: Imagine Judged Show, Texas State University, open call
- February: African American Art and Artists, open call
- March: Music to Our Eyes, open call
- April: Recycle, Reuse, Repurpose, Reimagine in honor of Earth Day, open call
PLEASE, DO NOT SUBMIT ARTWORK THROUGH EMAIL ADDRESSES! THEY MAY GET MISSED. Only use the email addresses to notify the coordinators that you are having a problem.
FOR ARTISTS: For information on picking up art work after the close of a show, please see the appropriate link