Call for Art
Round Rock Arts hosts monthly exhibits at ArtSpace, located at 231 East Main Street. An opening reception is held the first Thursday of each month and is open to the public.
Other calls for art are also posted here. This may include the Imagine show held the last Friday in February, the photography show held in the fall, and other events sponsored by the RRA which may or may not be located at the ArtSpace.
Listings of four-six previous shows will be posted. The immediate past month will have a hyperlink if the call was an open call. The link provides the artists with instructions related to picking up their material at the end of the show and any other parameters important to the artists.
The following shows will be held at Round Rock Arts or Texas State University, Round Rock campus. Shows at the Texas State University are specifically noted. The shows at Texas State University tend to be shows that are judged, with cash awards. Once a call is open, the title of the call will become a hot link. “Closed show” means that a group or a selection of individuals will be featured in the show.
- September 2014: Photography Judged Show, Texas State University, (CALL CLOSED)
- October: Dia De Los Muertos: An Expression of All Cultures, (CALL CLOSED)
- November: Weavers and Spinners- Closed Show
- December: Frozen: A Wintry Mix, Call Closes November 24, 2014 (Click Here) – Submit Online
- Tinplate Trackers- Holiday Model Train Exhibit will also be in ArtSpace, 11/28/14-1/3/15
- January 2015: Art featuring works by Cordovan Art School students. Closed show
- February: Imagine Judged Show, Texas State University,Round Rock campus, Judged Show, open call
- February: African American Art and Artists, open call
- March: Music to Our Eyes, open call
- April: Recycle, Reuse, Repurpose, Reimagine in honor of Earth Day, open call
Additional events will be posted as information is provided.
PLEASE, DO NOT SUBMIT ARTWORK THROUGH EMAIL ADDRESSES! THEY MAY GET MISSED. Only use the email addresses to notify the coordinators that you are having a problem.
FOR ARTISTS: For information on picking up art work after the close of a show, please see the appropriate link