Call for Art
CALL FOR ART: Exhibit Opportunities
Please use our easy online process – using the hyperlinks below — to submit artwork for consideration toward a specific upcoming exhibit. Thank you for participating!
1. ARTSPACE EXHIBITS
We are currently accepting submissions for consideration for these ArtSpace exhibits:
- June 2016: Animals: Wet to Wild – Deadline is 5/9/16 at 5pm.
- July 2016: The Little Show – Deadline is 6/13/16 at 5pm.
- August 2016: Artists Interpret Red – Deadline is 7/18/16 at 5pm.
- September 2016: Still Life – Deadline is 8/15/16 at 5pm.
- October 2016: Abstract – Deadline is 9/12/16 at 5pm.
- November 2016: Celebration and Remembrance – Deadline is 10/17/16 at 5pm.
- December 2016: A Child’s World – Deadline is 11/14/16 at 5pm.
Previous ArtSpace calls for art:
- Mid-January-February 2016: Celebrating the words of African Americans – Deadline was 12/21/15 at 5pm.
- March 2016: Spring – New Beginnings – Deadline was 2/8/16 at 5pm.
- April 2016: Fiber Arts – Deadline is 3/14/16 at 5pm.
- May 2016: Abstracted – Deadline is 4/11/16 at 5pm.
2. TEXAS STATE UNIVERSITY ROUND ROCK CAMPUS EXHIBITS
Round Rock Arts produces three exhibits annually at this partnering location.
- 8th Annual Imagine
- Click this link to view the Call for Art. Deadline was Friday, January 29, 2016 for this juried exhibition. This exhibit is on view through 6/3/16.
- The Annual Big Show
- Click this link to view the Call for Art. Deadline is Monday, May 23, 2016 at 5pm.
- Two dimensional (2D) artwork submissions for Photography, Watercolor, Acrylic, Pastel, Oil, Encaustic and Mixed Media for the Big Show. Artists under the age of 18 may submit work with permission from parent or guardian. Entries must be original works of art, entirely the work of the entrant. Entries must be a minimum of 24” x 24” or (576 square inches) and a maximum size no larger than 6’ x 6’ or (5,184 square inches). There is no “theme” for this exhibit. We are looking for LARGE works of art.
- The Annual Fall Photography and Sculpture Show
- Click this link to view the Call for Art. Deadline is Monday, August 8, 2016 at 5pm.
- Photography entries must be original work in traditional or digital photography and not have been shown in this exhibit previously. All photography must be framed and ready for hanging with wire (no saw tooth hangers) and protected under either glass or plexiglass with the exception of wrapped canvas. Unframed stretched canvas (fully wrapped canvas only) will be accepted if the sides are painted and no staples are visible. Canvas or other cradle substrates must be a minimum depth of 1” (no ¾” canvas or blocks will be accepted). All work submitted must have a label secured on the back (upper left hand corner) stating the name of the piece, artist name and phone number. Three dimensional artworks are welcome except crafts, large scale installations and video projected art due to limited exhibit space and nature of exhibit. Three-dimensional work may be a minimum of 10 in. and a maximum of 4 ft. in any one direction and shall not exceed 25 lbs. in each unit. Multiple part works must have each part labeled along with a diagram for hanging or assembly on each part. Artist is responsible for providing pedestals for displaying sculptures.
3. WILLIAMSON COUNTY JESTER ANNEX
We present recurring exhibits at this partnering location.
- New Dimensions in Art, Alcohol Ink and Its Many Possibilities
- Click this link to view the Call for Art. Deadline is Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 5pm.
- We invite artists to submit original artwork that features alcohol ink as a key medium. Painting or Photography entries must be framed and have a professional appearance. Paintings must be ready for hanging with wire (no saw tooth hangers) and protected under either glass or plexiglass with the exception of media used on canvas or clay board. Unframed stretched canvas will be accepted if the sides are painted and no staples are visible. Minimum canvas depth shall be 1” or greater. (Fully-wrapped canvas only.) Artist to put label on back of artwork in upper left hand corner with: Title of Painting, Artist Name and Phone Number.
For Wrapped Canvas and Traditional Framed Art Submits:
Do You Have Questions About Our Framing Requirements Listed in Our Call for Art? If so, please read and view the below.
Each Call for Art describes the framing requirements for 2D works submitted for a show. What may not be as clear is the type of wiring and placement of such wiring that is required for our shows for wrapped canvas artwork and other traditional framed artwork.
One video below addresses wrapped canvas works, and the other traditional framed art. It is important to wire your work properly so that we can ensure being able to hang your artwork in our exhibit and using our gallery hanging system. Additionally, for the safety of your piece, we offer our wiring guidelines.
Please review the links below. If the work you submit cannot be hung safely (e.g, strong enough wire and secure hooks and frames that are in quality condition) or neatly (e.g., work falls forward away from the wall), it may be denied.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
Preferred hanging method for pictures in a wood or traditional frame:
Preferred hanging method for wrapped canvas work: