Call for Art
CALL FOR ART: Exhibit Opportunities
Please use our easy online process – using the hyperlinks below — to submit artwork for consideration toward a specific upcoming exhibit at one of our three exhibit locations. Thank you for participating!
1. ARTSPACE EXHIBITS
We are currently accepting submissions for consideration for these ArtSpace exhibits:
- July 2016: The Little Show – Deadline is 6/13/16 at 5pm.
- August 2016: Artists Interpret Red – Deadline is 7/18/16 at 5pm.
- September 2016: Still Life – Deadline is 8/15/16 at 5pm.
- October 2016: Abstract – Deadline is 9/12/16 at 5pm.
- November 2016: Celebration and Remembrance – Deadline is 10/17/16 at 5pm.
- December 2016: A Child’s World – Deadline is 11/14/16 at 5pm.
Previous ArtSpace calls for art:
- Mid-January-February 2016: Celebrating the words of African Americans
- March 2016: Spring – New Beginnings
- April 2016: Fiber Arts
- May 2016: Abstracted
- June 2016: Animals: Wet to Wild
2. TEXAS STATE UNIVERSITY ROUND ROCK CAMPUS EXHIBITS
Round Rock Arts produces three juried exhibitions each year at this partnering location.
- 8th Annual Imagine is on view through 6/3/16
- Deadline was Friday, January 29, 2016 for this juried exhibition.
- The Annual Big Show – Deadline is Monday, May 23, 2016 at 5pm.
- The Annual Fall Photography and Sculpture Show – Deadline is Monday, August 8, 2016 at 5pm.
3. WILLIAMSON COUNTY JESTER ANNEX
We present recurring exhibits at this partnering location.
- New Dimensions in Art, Alcohol Ink and Its Many Possibilities
- Click this link to view the Call for Art. Deadline is Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 5pm.
- We invite artists to submit original artwork that features alcohol ink as a key medium. Painting or Photography entries must be framed and have a professional appearance. Paintings must be ready for hanging with wire (no saw tooth hangers) and protected under either glass or plexiglass with the exception of media used on canvas or clay board. Unframed stretched canvas will be accepted if the sides are painted and no staples are visible. Minimum canvas depth shall be 1” or greater. (Fully-wrapped canvas only.) Artist to put label on back of artwork in upper left hand corner with: Title of Painting, Artist Name and Phone Number.
For Wrapped Canvas and Traditional Framed Art Submits:
Do You Have Questions About Our Framing Requirements Listed in Our Call for Art? If so, please read and view the below.
Each Call for Art describes the framing requirements for 2D works submitted for a show. What may not be as clear is the type of wiring and placement of such wiring that is required for our shows for wrapped canvas artwork and other traditional framed artwork.
One video below addresses wrapped canvas works, and the other traditional framed art. It is important to wire your work properly so that we can ensure being able to hang your artwork in our exhibit and using our gallery hanging system. Additionally, for the safety of your piece, we offer our wiring guidelines.
Please review the links below. If the work you submit cannot be hung safely (e.g, strong enough wire and secure hooks and frames that are in quality condition) or neatly (e.g., work falls forward away from the wall), it may be denied.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Preferred hanging method for pictures in a wood or traditional frame:
Preferred hanging method for wrapped canvas work: