Call for Art
CALL FOR ART: Exhibit Opportunities
Please use our easy online process – using the hyperlinks below — to submit artwork for consideration toward a specific upcoming exhibit at one of our three exhibit locations. Thank you for participating!
1. ARTSPACE EXHIBITS
We are currently accepting submissions for consideration for these ArtSpace exhibits:
- September 2016: Still Life – Deadline is 8/15/16 at 5pm.
- October 2016: Abstract – Deadline is 9/12/16 at 5pm.
- November 2016: Celebration and Remembrance – Deadline is 10/17/16 at 5pm.
- December 2016: A Child’s World – Deadline is 11/14/16 at 5pm.
Previous ArtSpace calls for art:
- Mid-January-February 2016: Celebrating the words of African Americans
- March 2016: Spring – New Beginnings
- April 2016: Fiber Arts
- May 2016: Abstracted
- June 2016: Animals: Wet to Wild
- July 2016: The Little Show
- August 2016: Artists Interpret Red
2. TEXAS STATE UNIVERSITY ROUND ROCK CAMPUS EXHIBITS
Round Rock Arts produces three juried exhibitions each year at this partnering location.
- The Annual Fall Photography and Sculpture Show – Deadline has been extended to Friday, August 19th 2016 at 5pm.
- The Annual Imagine, February 2017, TBA.
- The Annual Big Show 2016 exhibit is on view through 8/25! The call for the Big Show 2017 is TBA.
3. WILLIAMSON COUNTY JESTER ANNEX
We present recurring exhibits at this partnering location. Currently there are no active Calls for Art at this location.
- New Dimensions in Art, Alcohol Ink and Its Many Possibilities is on view through 8/30.
For Wrapped Canvas and Traditional Framed Art Submits:
Do You Have Questions About Our Framing Requirements Listed in Our Call for Art? If so, please read and view the below.
Each Call for Art describes the framing requirements for 2D works submitted for a show. What may not be as clear is the type of wiring and placement of such wiring that is required for our shows for wrapped canvas artwork and other traditional framed artwork.
One video below addresses wrapped canvas works, and the other traditional framed art. It is important to wire your work properly so that we can ensure being able to hang your artwork in our exhibit and using our gallery hanging system. Additionally, for the safety of your piece, we offer our wiring guidelines.
Please review the links below. If the work you submit cannot be hung safely (e.g, strong enough wire and secure hooks and frames that are in quality condition) or neatly (e.g., work falls forward away from the wall), it may be denied.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Preferred hanging method for pictures in a wood or traditional frame:
Preferred hanging method for wrapped canvas work: