Call for Art
Round Rock Arts hosts monthly exhibits at ArtSpace, located at 231 East Main Street. An opening reception is held the first Thursday of each month and is open to the public.
Other calls for art are also posted here. This may include the Imagine show held the last Friday in February, the photography show held in the fall, and other events sponsored by the RRA which may or may not be located at the ArtSpace.
Information about previous calls will remain posted. Click on the month and the document should open. This provides the artists with instructions related to picking up their material at the end of the show and any other parameters important to the artists.
The following shows will be held at Round Rock Arts or Texas State University. Shows at the Texas State University are specifically noted. These tend to be shows that are judged, with cash awards. Once a call is open, the title of the call will become a hot link. “Closed show” means that a group or a selection of individuals will be featured in the show.
- April: Trees of Williamson County, open call (CALL CLOSED)
- May: Abstract & Sculpture Art and 5″x5″ RRISD Faculty Show & Art Sale for Student Scholarships!, open call. (CALL CLOSED)
- June: Printing, Pen, Ink, and Pencil, open call (CALL CLOSED)
- July: Encaustics, open call (CALL CLOSED)
- July-August: Big Show, open call (CALL CLOSED)
- August: Water themes, all media, open call - Click here for information and form (CALL CLOSED)
- September: Photography Judged Show, Texas State University, open call
- September: Volunteers’ Art Fundraiser- closed show
- October: Dia De Los Muertos and other expressions honoring those who have passed, open call
- November: Holiday Market - details to follow
- December: Holiday themed- details to follow
- January: Artists’ Choices, open call
- February: Imagine Judged Show, Texas State University, open call
- February: African American Art and Artists, open call
- March: Music Themed, open call
- April: Recycle, Reuse in honor of Earth Day, open call
PLEASE, DO NOT SUBMIT ARTWORK THROUGH EMAIL ADDRESSES! THEY MAY GET MISSED. Only use the email addresses to notify the coordinators that you are having a problem.
FOR ARTISTS: For information on picking up art work after the close of a show, please see the appropriate link