Call for Art – Fall Photography & Sculpture Exhibit
CALL FOR ART (OPEN CALL)
The exhibit runs from Friday, September 15 to Friday, December 1, 2017.
Deadline for entries is Friday, August 25 by 5:00 p.m. No late entries will be considered.
Opening Reception will be Friday, September 15 from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Photography entries must be original work in traditional or digital photography and not have been shown in this exhibit previously. All photography must be framed and ready for hanging with wire (no saw tooth hangers) and protected under either glass or plexiglass with the exception of wrapped canvas. Unframed stretched canvas (fully wrapped canvas only) will be accepted if the sides are painted and no staples are visible. Canvas or other cradle substrates must be a minimum depth of 1” (no ¾” canvas or blocks will be accepted). All work submitted must have a label secured on the back (upper left hand corner) stating the name of the piece, artist name and phone number.
Three dimensional artworks are welcome except crafts, large scale installations and video projected art due to limited exhibit space and nature of exhibit. Three-dimensional work may be a minimum of 10 in. and a maximum of 4 ft. in any one direction and shall not exceed 25 lbs. in each unit. Multiple part works must have each part labeled along with a diagram for hanging or assembly on each part. Artist is responsible for providing pedestals for displaying sculptures.
Artwork which is sold from this exhibit (up to 30 days after the closing of the exhibit as a result of having been exhibited in this show) shall donate to Round Rock Arts 20% of the sales price. Artists should price their work to include any applicable sales tax and donation amount. If a work is sold during the exhibit time period, the art shall remain in the exhibit until official take down date. Customers may pick up sold pieces at that time. Artists are NOT ALLOWED to remove any art prior to take down. Early art removal may disqualify you from entering other RRA exhibits.
RRAAC carries no insurance for loss or damage to artwork in the exhibit or in transit, nor assumes liability for the same. However, every precaution will be taken for the safety of the work. Artists should provide their own coverage if desired.
Submission Requirements and Information:
- Artist may submit up to 3 original works in jpeg format online at: www.roundrockarts.org. Please limit size of jpegs to a total size of not more than 1.5 MB per image. Before uploading your image rename your jpeg image file with your last name, first name and title of photograph; i.e., Smith_Jane_Sunflowers in Spring
- Artist must complete the Artist Information form.
- A fee of $15 is required per entry; with a limit of (3) entries per artist. Payments may be made through PayPal on the website. Submission does not guarantee acceptance and all submission fees are non-refundable.
- *Please note that initial acceptance of submission does not guarantee acceptance in the exhibition. The work may be declined at the council’s discretion particularly if framing will not support the artwork when hung.
Please view our framing videos on our website to comply with framing requirements.
- Art content must be family friendly, as it will be displayed in a community facility.
- Artist will be responsible for art delivery and pickup at dates specified upon notification of art selection. Failure to arrive on time for delivery or pick up may jeopardize artist’s acceptance in future RR Art exhibits.
- Art work that is not picked up on the scheduled take down date without prior arrangements will be donated to charity.