Chalk Artist Registration
Early registration $30 (before August 1, 2015)
Regular registration $35 (August 1+)
First Place BEST of show $1,000
Second Place $300
Third Place $200
Sub categories with $50 value in an assortment of cash, gift cards, and products (TBA)
High School, Jr. High, and Elementary $50 and $25 gift certificates
Free $40 chalk kit provided by Jerry’s Artarama with each registration.
About the Ampersand Boards
The Round Rock Arts Council will provide qualifying artists Ampersand boards. Selection is competitive and limited. Only 20 boards will be available. All boards, and the art associated with the boards, become the property of Round Rock Arts for its closing art auction or subsequent sales.
- The boards/art will be auctioned off at the end of the event. Each piece that sells will bring profit to the artist at a 50% artist /50% RRA split. All artwork done on Ampersand boards becomes the property of the Round Rock Arts Council. It is mandatory that all artwork created on these boards become a part of the auction.
- If a board does not sell, it remains the property of RRA. In the event that it sells after Chalk Walk, the artist will receive 50% of the proceeds of such sale.
- Sizes of the board will be 30′ x 36′. You can still use the street if you wish as an extension of the boards.
- Boards need to stay on site.
- You must indicate on your registration form that you are interested in being considered as a focused artist and submit the required number of images in the required size (1.4 MB each). Submitting images larger than this may result in incomplete registrations.
- A committee will review submissions and confirm the Ampersand board and size. AGAIN, ONLY 20 INDIVIDUALS WILL RECEIVE AMPERSAND BOARDS. Please do not contact us for confirmation. We will inform you if you have or have not been selected to receive an Ampersand board.
To register, complete the entry form to the left and click PayPal to pay online.
Hard copies of registration forms are available at Cordovan Art school or Art Space in downtown Round Rock. Some method of providing pictures of past pastel work is required when submitting hard copy registration forms for requests that include Ampersand boards.
If paying by check, make it payable to: Round Rock Area Arts Council. Send check and registration form to Round Rock Arts, P. O. Box 5981, Round Rock, Texas 78683, Attn: Chalk Artist. You may also hand deliver the form and payment to ArtSpace, 231 E. Main St., Round Rock, Texas 78664. (verify that ArtSpace has someone there to accept your registration by calling 512.218.7099).
If you are submitting a registration form electronically, but paying by check, we must receive your check within seven (7) calendar days to guarantee a space for you.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR ARTISTS
Artists will be allocated a 10’x10′ sidewalk space to work on during the event. Artwork may be any size, not to exceed the 10’x10′ space. Artists may work from Friday through Saturday at 5:30 pm.
Things to bring:
- knee pads or something soft to kneel on
- wipes for hands
- other filler material
For more information about the Chalk Walk Artists portion of Chalk Walk, contact John Howell at Cordovan Art School at (512) 275-4040.