Deadline For Submission:
November 22, 2017 – 5:00pm
A “Committee’s Choice” cash award will be announced at the First Thursday reception for this exhibit.
About This Call for Art:
Open for any subject matter; artists interpret life and visual stimulation/observation thru a child’s eyes. Think about the perspective of a child. Submissions by artists (with parental consent). We are accepting original artwork in all media.
- Important note: This exhibit will remain up through January and the reception will be held in January.
- Artists under the age of 18 may submit with parental consent. We are accepting original artwork in all media.
- Painting or Photography entries must be framed and have a professional appearance. Paintings must be ready for hanging with wire (no saw tooth hangers) and protected under either glass or plexi glass with the exception of media used on canvas or clay board. Unframed stretched canvas will be accepted if the sides are painted and no staples are visible. Minimum canvas depth shall be 1” or greater. (Fully-wrapped canvas only.) Artist to put label on back of artwork in upper left hand corner with: Title of Painting, Artist Name and Phone Number.
- Entries which are sold from this exhibit (up to 30 days after the closing of the exhibit as a result of having been exhibited in this show) must pay Round Rock Arts a donation of 20% of the sales price. If a sale is handled between the artist and client, the artist must notify staff at ArtSpace immediately upon the transaction. For further responsibilities regarding sale of artwork, please see the Artist’s Agreement below.
- Round Rock Arts carries no insurance for loss or damage to artwork in the exhibit or in transit, nor assumes liability for the same. However, every precaution will be taken for the safety of the work. Artists should provide their own coverage if desired.
How To Submit
- Artist must complete Registration Form (form below)
- Artist may submit up to 3 original works in jpeg format — with a maximum file size for each image not to exceed 1.5 MB each. All entries must be received through the submission form on the Round Rock Arts website, not sent via email. Any questions or issues with submission, please contact ArtSpace at 512-218-7099. Before uploading images to your Artist Information Form (below), name each jpeg image file with your last name, first name and title of painting i.e., Smith_Jane_Sunflowers in Spring
- A fee of $10 is required for each entry of art and is due at the time of submission. The maximum for three images is $30.00. Payments must be made online through PayPal at the time of entry. Submission does not guarantee acceptance and all submission fees are non-refundable.
- Art content must be family friendly, as it will be displayed in a community facility.
- Artist will be responsible for art delivery and pickup at dates specified upon notification of art selection.
|November 22||Online deadline for submissions is 5:00pm|
|November 29||Notifications will be sent to all artists who submitted artwork for consideration|
|December 4||Accepted artwork will be delivered to ArtSpace between 9am-10am|
|January 4||First Thursday Exhibit Reception from 5:30pm – 7:00pm at ArtSpace|
|January 29||Artists will pick up their work from ArtSpace between 9am-10am|
Registration Form – CLOSED