Round Rock Arts (RRA) is no longer accepting artwork submissions for the 2019 show Interlude. We have left this link on the website so the selected artists can refer back to the instructions and schedule.
Media accepted, sizes, originality:
- Two dimensional (2D) and small three dimensional (3D) abstract artwork submissions, all media.
- 2 D Entries have no minimum size, but the maximum size is 4 foot by 4 foot.
- 3 D Entries will be displayed in a wall inset display case. The maximum size for 3D artwork is 10 inches high by 10 inches deep by 12 inches long
- Artists may not substitute another work for an accepted work nor withdraw that work once it is accepted. All artwork will be exhibited for the duration of the exhibit.
- Entries must be original works of art, entirely the work of the entrant.
Round Rock Arts and Jester Annex do NOT assume liability for loss or damage to artwork. Every precaution is taken to protect exhibited work from damage. The artist may wish to obtain insurance for the work submitted, but it is not required. Each artist will be required to sign a liability release form as part of the submission process.
- We do not accept artwork which requires shipping to or from the venue. All art must be delivered and retrieved in person on the days and times noted in the schedule at the end of this document.
- Please do not submit any artwork that has been accepted into any Round Rock Arts show, exhibit or event during the past 12 months.
- Please do not enter submissions to the show if you know you are unable to meet the schedule noted on this document.
- Please do not enter submissions to the show if your art work does not meet the other requirements for the type of art, size and weight of art, and display/hanging requirements noted in this document.
- Artwork that is not “family friendly” will be rejected as the artwork is hanging in a public space where children and youth are present.
- Submission fee is $35 for up to three works for that single rate. Artworks are submitted in jpeg, png, or gif formats. Please limit size of images to no more than 2 MB per image. When you fill in the form below, you will be forwarded to PayPal for payment. Maximum number of submissions per artist is three. Submission does not guarantee acceptance and all submission fees are non-refundable.
- Label the image file with your last name, first name, title of painting and size, i.e., Smith_Jane_Sunflowers in Spring_8x10
- Artist must complete Artist Information and Waiver of Liability information as part of the submission process.
- Artist is responsible for art delivery and pickup at dates specified upon notification of art selection.
Exhibiting and Pick Up Expectations:
The artist is expected to take all packing material with them after delivering art work. While plastic carts are available, it is expected that the artist will provide other means to cart heavy or unbalanced material into the building.
The artist must agree to display during the entire exhibit period. If a work is sold during the exhibit period, the art will remain in the exhibit until, April 1, 2019. Artists who remove work before this date will be disqualified from entering any Round Rock arts exhibit for 12 months.
Art work that is not picked up on the date noted in the previous paragraph, without prior arrangements made 7 days in advance through Round Rock Arts, will be deemed abandoned and property of Round Rock Arts. If the artist is not picking up the work(s), a signed statement or email from the artist with the name and phone number of the person picking up the work is required. No art will be left behind at Jester Annex or stored for later pickup.
Work that is exhibited may be sold. Round Rock Arts will handle the transactions, requiring a 20% gallery fee of the total sales price. The purchaser will pay the sales tax on the total sales price. Round Rock Arts will remit the sales tax to the Texas State Comptroller’s Office. RRA will provide, to the artist, the balance of the sales price of the work after the 20% gallery fee has been deducted.
Requirement for Preparing Your Work For Exhibition
- All media not requiring electricity is accepted
- All 2D entries are limited to 50 pounds and no larger than 4’ x 4’.
- 3D entries must self-standing and are limited to 35 pounds and 10” high x 12” wide x 10” deep. Height restriction include pedestal. All 3D art will be in display cabinets.
- 2D artwork must be ready for hanging with wire (no saw tooth hangers) and protected under either glass or plexiglass except for acrylic, fiber art, oils, encaustics used on canvas or sealed clay board. Hung art may be framed or unframed. Unframed, stretched canvas (fully-wrapped canvas only) will be accepted if the sides are painted and no staples are visible. Canvas or other cradle substrates must be a minimum depth of 1” (no ¾” canvas or blocks will be accepted.)
- All artwork must have a label secured on the back (upper left-hand corner) stating the name of the piece, artist name and phone number.
Please review these two videos demonstrating our preferred framing methods:
How To Tie Wire On Picture Frames: https://youtu.be/mdU0B8ov2Z0
How To Wire A Canvas: https://youtu.be/EVNxEfijuTI
|Monday, January 7, 2019||Deadline to submit the completed online form. Late entries will NOT be considered.|
|Thursday, January 17 by Midnight||
Artists are notified by email of acceptance.
Please check your email! And your spam folder! There is no other form of notification!
It is your responsibility to check your email, Promotions folder (Gmail), All Mail folder (Gmail), or spam folder after this date to look for the announcement telling you if your works have been accepted or not. If you are using an email blocker that requires a verbal verification or other response, ensure you add to such programs the acceptance of email coming from the domain roundrockarts.org.
|Thursday, January 31, 8:00am – 10:00am & 4:30pm – 5:30pm||
Artists deliver art to:
J.B. and Hallie Jester Annex (of the Williamson County Courthouse)
1801 E. Old Settler’s Blvd.
(East side of IH 35, between Sunrise Rd. and AW Grimes on the south side of Old Settler’s Blvd.)
|Saturday, February 9, 6:00pm – 8:00pm||“Mocktail” Reception and public opening.
6:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
Event is free and open to all. Art Demonstrations and Entertainment.
|Monday, April 1, 8:00am – 10:00am & 4:00pm – 5:00pm||Artists pick up art from Jester Annex.
If the item is picked up by someone other than the artist, a note or email must be provided allowing the person to pick it up. Parking is free. You will receive a reminder about two days before the pick up date. Ensure that you check the various areas where the email might reside.
Have a question? Contact email@example.com.
This form is currently closed for submissions.