Call For Art & Exhibition
Round Rock Arts (RRA) is no longer accepting artwork submissions for the 2019 show re[IMAGINE]. We have left this link on the website so the selected artists can refer back to the instructions and schedule.
Age of Entrants:
Entrants must be 16 yrs of age or older as of February 16 2019. Parental consent required for entrants under 18.
- 2D and 3D art to include all media (drawing, painting, mixed media, sculpture, photography, textile art, and similar materials)
- Entries must be original works, entirely that of the entrant.
- Size: Maximum 4 ft on any one side. No minimum.
- Weight: maximum 50 lbs.
RRA and Texas State University-Round Rock (TXST) assume NO responsibility for loss or damage of artwork. Every precaution is taken to protect exhibited work. Artist may obtain insurance if desired. The artist will be required to sign a waiver of liability form as part of the submission process.
- No work is accepted that requires shipping to or from the venue.
- All work must be delivered and picked up at the place and time frame indicated in this document.
- Work must meet all requirements in the call. Contact RRA if unsure.
- Art must be family –friendly in nature as it will be displayed in a public space where minors are present.
- No work may be accepted if it was in another RRA TXST event in the past year (2018).
- All work must be fully dry.
- Round Rock Arts reserves the right not to consider artwork that does not to meet the requirements, including size, weight, quality of hardware and stability of framing, acceptable image , payment of submission fee, completed form.
- Artist must present the accepted work at time of installation. No substitutions allowed. All work must remain on display for the full duration of the exhibit.
- No work requiring electricity accepted.
- Artist must provide any pedestal/stand that is required for the artwork.
Requirements For Preparing Your Work For Exhibition
2D works and Photography:
- Framed work: Wired for hanging. Must have D-Rings and picture wire that can support the weight of your work. No sawtooth hangers accepted.
- Work supported by a dowel. Have either grommets or wire for hanging . No sawtooth hangers accepted.
- Unframed stretched canvas, 1” minimum depth: The canvas is fully wrapped. The sides are painted. No staples are visible. Wired for hanging. Must have D-Rings and picture wire that can support the weight of your work. No sawtooth hangers accepted.
- Cradle boards, 1” minimum depth: Painted/stained or original unpainted sides Wired for hanging. Must have D-Rings and picture wire that can support the weight of your work.
- Metal substrate: May be printed or painted on metal without a frame. The artwork must be hung on wire that can support the weight of the work and meets the weight limitations.
Dimensions of 2D work:
- Will not exceed 48” vertical and 48” horizontal overall (multi-part physically connected work must fit within these final dimensions) including the frame.
- Will weigh 50 lbs or less.
- Framing: Remember- frames are included in the total size of the work. All hanging works must be wired with D-rings and heavy picture wire attached securely for hanging.
- Glazing: All works on paper or fragile surfaces must be framed and under protective Plexiglas or glass.
3D works, including Sculpture, Fiber Arts, and other dimensional material:
- Pedestals for display must be provided by the artist. Must be set in place by the artist under supervision. Display cases are available for fragile and small pieces.
Dimensions of 3D work:
- Will not exceed 48” on any side (excluding pedestal).
- Will weigh 50 lbs or less (not including pedestal).
Hanging directions for 3D work:
- Each part of multi-part works must be labeled and include a diagram for hanging or assembly on each part when not being placed by the artist (for when art work is hung on the gallery hanging system vs. placed on a pedestal supplied by the artist).
|Saturday, January 26, 2019 at Midnight||Deadline to submit the completed online form. Late entries will NOT be considered.|
|Saturday, February 9 by Midnight||Artists are notified by email of acceptance.
Please check your email! And your spam folder! There is no other form of notification!
It is your responsibility to check your email, Promotions folder (Gmail), All Mail folder (Gmail), or spam folder after this date to look for the announcement telling you if your works have been accepted or not. If you are using an email blocker that requires a verbal verification or other response, ensure you add to such programs the acceptance of email coming from the domain roundrockarts.org.
|Saturday, February 16, 2019 10:00am – 12:00pm||Artists deliver art to:
Texas State University-Round Rock Campus, 1555 University Blvd, Avery Bldg. You may pull up to the front entrance on the circle drive. Take work to 4th floor.
|Saturday, March 9, 6:00pm – 8:30pm||Reception and public opening.
Texas State University-Round Rock Campus, Avery Bldg, 3rd and 4th floors.
Light refreshments, music, and awards ceremony. Event is free and open to all.
|Saturday, April 6, 2019 from 10:00am – 12:00pm||Pick up art from Texas State University-Round Rock. If art work is picked up by someone other than the artist, a note or email must be provided allowing some other person to pick it up.|
Have a question? Contact email@example.com.
The form is currently closed for submissions.