Paint your holiday wood ornaments, plaques, or serving trays
November 16 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm UTC+0 at The Downtowner Art Gallery $50
Learn how to prepare wood and create different tones and effects on commercially available raw wood products!
Instructor: Leticia Jurado
November 16, 2019, 1:00-5:00, The Downtowner Gallery
Registration closes November 13, at midnight. Three minimum needed to “make.”
Cost: $50.00, paid through advanced registration. Students will also need to bring or purchase supplies to complete the project.
Ages: High school, Adults
All of the following may be found at Michaels and Hobby Lobby
- wood plaques $4-12(this will depend on the size and model of that the student might want)
- paint brushes variety pack for acrylic paint $5.99
- acrylic paint variety pack $5.99-$21
- acrylic gloss finish $4.99
- paint mixing plate (can also be disposable plates with a wax type finish)
- sanding paper, #150-#500 grade (at least one coarse and one very fine- purchase the variety pack for best results in smoothing the wood)
- cup for water
About the Instructor:
Leticia is new to Round Rock and is currently a student at the Art Institute of Austin. She is also an intern for Round Rock Arts. She will graduate in December. She has served as an art teacher for children and college students. She is finishing her media arts, animation, and 3D modeling degree. She learned this traditional craft in her native Ecuador. The pieces in the photo illustrate her own finished products.