Plein Air Workshop with Amie Gonser
April 27, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm UTC+0 at ArtSpace $75
In this workshop, you will learn how to create a plein air painting from the initial sketch to the final details. You will learn about plein air supplies and equipment, view and discuss plein air paintings, watch a plein air demonstration and receive one on one instruction as you paint in downtown Round Rock.
Who Should Attend:
This class is designed for artists who have little or no experience painting en plein air, but do have previous painting experience. (Adults 17+)
Saturday, April 27, 2019, 9:00a.m.-4:00 p.m. (1 hour lunch break)
What You Should Bring:
In Addition to to the class fee, you are required to bring your own supplies.
- Easel (A basic easel can be provided upon request)
- Paint (Instructor uses water soluble oils, but you may also use traditional oils or acrylics). Recommended colors: Titanium White, Ultramarine blue, Cad. red medium, Lemon Yellow, Burnt Sienna, Yellow Ochre, Additional colors: (Cad. Red Light, Cobalt Blue, Cad Yellow Medium, Alizarin Crimson)
- Brushes (Variety of small to medium sizes #1–#10 in filberts, brights and flats)
- Palette Knife
- Mixing Medium (oils-linseed oil)
- Brush cleaner (oils-odorless mineral spirits, acrylics and water soluble oils-water)
- Paper Palette Pad
- Sketchbook Minimum 4”x6”
- Pencil (3B)
- Paper Towels
- Small bag for trash
- Chair if you like to sit (I prefer to stand)
- Canvas, Canvas board, or wood panel (8”x10” min. to 11”x14” max.)
- Drinking water
About the artist
Amie Gonser is a local plein air painter and elementary school art teacher. She has won several awards for her plein air work and is the founder of Plein Air Round Rock, a group of artists who meet once a month to paint outdoors. Amie has over seventeen years of teaching experience.
Refunds will not be issued in the event of a no-show or if we receive cancellation notification from class attendee less than 24 hours in advance of event.