Round Rock PRINTS 2021
January 19 – February 26, 2021
Downtowner Gallery – 231 E Main Street #130, Round Rock, TX
We’re excited to partner with Print Austin for the Round Rock PRINTS 2021 Contemporary Print Juried Exhibition, which will show fresh perspectives in contemporary printmaking by local artists.
Our primary focus will honor traditional hand pulled printmaking techniques. These include relief, intaglio, silkscreen, lithography, monotype, and photopolymer plate (i.e. Solarplates). Innovative approaches in contemporary printmaking (digital) will be considered as long as traditional print methods are still the primary technique.
We are pleased to have a wide variety of talented artists showcasing at this exhibit! Here is the full list of the participating artists:
Heather Michel Riddle
Susan Axel Bedsaul
Closed Call for Art Information
Show runs: January 19 – February 26
Open Call deadline: Sunday December 27, 10 PM, CDT
Artist Notification: Friday January 8, 6PM
Drop off: Sunday January 17, 2 PM- 4 PM, CDT
Installation: January 18
Pick up: Sunday February 28, 2 PM – 4 PM, CDT
Related Workshops: Virtual Artist Talks and Workshops to be announced.
Help us market your work! With Print Austin, we can publicize up to 10 additional events. Do you have a print-focused event, workshop, demo, signing, talk, panel, or art happening in mind? It can be either in real life or a virtual format. We invite you to pitch your concept to us at DTCurator@roundrockarts.org.
Submission is $5 per image, 1-3 pieces per artist. No size restrictions. Two-dimensional visual art will be the primary focus of this show, but we will consider three-dimensional objects if printmaking is involved.
Round Rock Arts is a proud supporter of artists in our community. We are pleased to consider your artwork for this juried art exhibit. Since we do not take commissions from sales, artists are encouraged to donate a portion of potential sales to Round Rock Arts to support future programming (indicate at submission). We sincerely appreciate any contributions from our artists.
If you have any questions, please email DTcurator@roundrockarts.org
- Works chosen will be hand pulled prints done with traditional printmaking methods (not digital or photographic). Other printmaking methods may be considered if explained to jurors.
- No size limitations. Work MUST be framed and wired (with D-rings to hang flat on the wall).
- We accept only original works, created by the artist/entrant.
- Entrants must be at least 16 years old at delivery of artwork. Parental consent required for artists under 18.
- Artwork must be hand delivered (may NOT be mailed or shipped). No storage either before drop-off dates, or after pick-up dates. Shipped art will be rejected at delivery.
- Artists may not substitute another work for an accepted work nor withdraw that work once it is accepted.
- All artwork must be exhibited for the duration of the exhibit.
- Only submit work that is available to exhibit. Do not submit the same piece to multiple venues.
- Art must be family friendly as it will be displayed in a public space.
- Selected artists must agree to the artist agreement and Waiver of Liability form.
ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION PROCEDURES
- Label your work with YOUR NAME and ARTWORK TITLE: First Name_Last Name_title of work for example: Pat_Jones_Starry_Night.jpg
- Formats accepted: jpeg, png, or gif. Max = 2 MB per image.
- Each artist may submit 1-3 (one to three) images at $5 per submission.
- Price: use whole numbers only, no decimals or $ signs.
- Complete the Artist Information and Waiver of Liability.
HANGING & DISPLAY
- Safety in the gallery and of security of the artwork is our priority! If work is deemed unsafe or difficult to display, it will be REJECTED from the show at our discretion. Artist will be notified.
- Each 2D work must have a hanging WIRE attached to D-rings (no sawtooth hangers, eye rings or loops). Make sure hanging wire is substantial enough to support it for the duration of the show. See video for hanging requirements and wiring guidelines CLICK HERE
- All works on fragile paper must be framed under glass. Plexiglass is required for framed work over 24 inches on any side. All framed work must be in good repair with a wire on the back.
- LABEL your work on the back. Include title, artist name, phone number and email.
- Please deliver art on the drop off DATE & TIME (or arrange for someone else to drop it off).
- Take all packing material home with you.
- No work is accepted that requires delivery or storage.
- RRA reserves the right to reject artwork that is misrepresented or is unsafe to display.
- Art will be rejected if the artist did not sign or submit artist agreement / waiver, either online or printed and delivered with artwork.
- We will not be responsible for loss of work not picked up at the requested time and place. We have no storage in the Downtowner Gallery.
- If the artist is not picking up the work(s), a signed statement or email from the artist with the name and phone number of the person picking up the work is required. This includes any information about a buyer.
- Artwork that is not picked up on the pick up date, without prior arrangements made by email four days in advance or by phone during business hours, will be deemed abandoned and property of Round Rock after three days following the close of the show.
- Artists who have sold their work during the show are expected to ensure that their buyers pick up the work during the established pick-up date and time. If the buyer is not available, the artist will pick up the work and arrange for an exchange between the artist and the buyer.
- Since we do not have a sales commission, we kindly ask Artists to donate 25% of SOLD WORK to RRA (indicate your willingness to donate on submission form). We truly appreciate your donation.
- If your piece is sold, we will deduct 3.25% in credit card fees, minus 25% donation to RRA (if you have indicated willingness to donate). Sales tax will be collected from buyer and passed on to you, the Artist. Artists will be paid at show close.
- The Artist is expected to report income to the IRS and pay sales tax that has been collected on their behalf. RRA is not liable for any unpaid income taxes.
- If sold, the Artist is responsible for relaying the following information to the buyer:
1) A buyer may not pick up the work until art pick up date / time as stated in the call.
2) The buyer is expected to pick up the work at the pick up days and times OR the artist will need to make other arrangements between buyer and artist.
EXCLUSIONS IN FUTURE SHOWS
You will be excluded in any RRA show over the next year under the following conditions:
- Failure to submit the EXACT piece after jury acceptance. Your submission image will be compared to the image on the sign in sheet at delivery.
- Asking us to replace or remove an item because the work was sold or in another show.
- Work was not delivered on the drop off date and time. It is okay to have work delivered by a friend.
- Removal of the work before the pick up date (end of show) by the artist or the buyer.
ARTIST AGREEMENT & WAIVER OF LIABILITY
Originality: In consideration of the opportunity to display my work to the public, and other good and valuable consideration, the adequacy and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, I, the undersigned artist, certify that the art that I am submitting is my original art and that I am the author and creator of such art. I acknowledge that RRA reserves the right to accept or deny any submission with or without cause.
Promotion and Publicity: I grant RRA permission to publish in all media my name, artwork, and location for use in promotion through print media, television, and the internet. I further allow RRA to release such information to other persons and entities. My name will be attributed to my pieces that are shown by RRA or other persons or entities.
Responsibility: I understand that RRA and its partner gallery sponsors do not assume responsibility for loss or damage to my artwork(s) or the loss or damage to frames or glass, no matter how sustained. Reasonable safety and electronic security precautions are in place to ensure added protection of my work. I also understand that RRA strongly recommends that I carry my own personal property insurance. Current partners include Williamson County (Jester Justice Center), the city of Round Rock (The Downtowner Art Gallery), and Texas State University- Round Rock Campus.
Artwork remains in the gallery until the end of the exhibit: I understand that if my artwork is accepted for the show that the work may not be removed from the exhibition until the pick up date described in the Call for Art. It is my responsibility to notify RRA in writing or by email of a third-party pick-up of artwork at the conclusion of the exhibition. Artwork accepted by the judges, if sold prior to the exhibit, must be placed in the show. Replacement pieces are not accepted.
Sales of Artwork: I am responsible for all sales transactions and the collection and filing of applicable sales tax.